Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars

I found this recipe over on Six Sister's Stuff.  These are the most authentic peanut butter bars that I have found to remind me of those that I used to eat during my school years.  They are amazing and addictive!

1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 C butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 C peanut butter
2 C oats (not quick)
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Cream the butter and sugars together. 
Add vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter. 
Mix in remaining ingredients
Spread dough on greased jelly roll pan (18x13x1).
Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Spread 1 1/2 C peanut butter on top while still hot.
Allow to cool and top with frosting.

Chocolate Frosting
1/2 C butter
1/4 C milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 Tbsp cocoa
2-3 C powder sugar

Mix all ingredients together until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment